Home Activity: DIY Calming Jars
Mix and match colors and watch them combine and separate again!
- Plastic bottles or jars
- Water-based food coloring (red)
- Oil-based food coloring (blue)
- Baby oil/vegetable oil (olive or canola are both suitable)
- Glue (optional but highly recommended if you have small kids and need to seal the jar afterwards)
- Fill half of the jar with water.
- Add a couple drops of the red food coloring.
- Mix them together.
- Pour baby oil inside the jar containing colored water.
- Add your oil-based food coloring into the baby oil.
- Stir the baby oil until the food coloring is fully blended into the oil.
- Watch as the colors constantly mix and separate again!