Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a full-time permanent Controller for our growing organization based in Edmonton, AB. You’ll get to work with an entrepreneurial organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care.
The Controller is primarily responsible for directing and managing all of the finance and accounting functions for the business. Working closely with the President, this position will play a vital role to support operations with decision support, financial analysis and planning, allocation of resources, process improvement, operational performance improvement and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial results and preparing financial statements in accordance with reporting standards.
Who You Are
You have 7-10 years of progressive and diverse experience in the field of accounting or financial management. You also are able to work collaboratively, communicate with diverse stakeholders, drive results, and challenge the status quo. The following are the required qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, is required.
- Experience in the home care or healthcare industry is preferred, but not required.
- Industry experience in the small-medium enterprise (SME) sector is preferred.
- Experience working with financial institutions in negotiating lowest possible cost of capital and securing capital.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including but not limited to independent service providers and Information Technology contractors, is a definite asset.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases – If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships – We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.