Who We Are
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire Child and Youth Care Workers in Edmonton, AB. This will be a temporary employment opportunity with the possibility of extension at the completion of the probationary period. We currently have needs for part-time, evenings and weekends. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
The Child and Youth Care Worker is responsible for providing support to children and youth (under the age of 18) who need assistance in caring for themselves as a result of a disability, behavioural diagnosis, and/or mental health diagnosis. The Child and Youth Care Worker will provide this support to children and youth in their own homes and other community settings. Personal support may include assistance with activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, medical reminders, recreational activities, personal hygiene, and respite.
Many young people experience neglect, abuse, emotional distress and/or family breakdowns. Through mentorship, role modeling, and positive reinforcement, the child and youth care worker can help young people and their families overcome these emotional and behavioural problems. CarePros providers are responsible for ensuring that support is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with CarePros policies and industry standards.
Who You Are
As a Child and Youth Care Worker, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of child and youth care mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, identify needs, and provide solutions to the client.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
You have a post-secondary education specializing in Child and Youth Care or a related field. Related fields include a diploma, degree, or certificate in Social Work, Psychology, community addictions or mental health, follow-up support work, or educational assistance with disabilities. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other qualifications include:
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- You have a valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- You have passed a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routine and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan and a high capacity for managing stressful situations.
What We Offer
The best care providers deserve the utmost respect, the best compensation plan, and a career path that you can pursue. As a valued employee or contractor at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases – If you are a great caregiver, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards better care with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – We will build a schedule that best fits your skills, availability, and location.
- Access to the best technology – Our industry-leading web portal will help you keep track of your pay and schedule, allowing you to deliver the best possible care.
- Building relationships – We take care of connecting you with clients throughout the CarePros network.
- Career Development – Receive recognition as one of the best caregivers in the industry and take advantage of our internal growth opportunities.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.