- This event has passed.
October 15, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Want to start rock climbing or bouldering? Join this friendly intro to climbing clinic to understand the basics and get some climbing lingo. While we won’t actually be climbing, you’ll learn lots and feel confident to sign up for a climbing course or hit the local climbing gym.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- The different types of climbing
- Understanding climbing grades
- How to start climbing or bouldering, plus some beginner technique tips to know
- What to wear rock climbing
- How to choose climbing shoes and harnesses
- What to know about ropes and climbing gear
- Tips on local climbing gyms and crags
- Helpful advice on climbing resources at MEC
WHO’S TEACHING THE CLINIC?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!